The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in the home. And for a family bathroom, there are a number of important design factors to take into account. These can make all the difference to the finished result, and the practicality of your family bathroom space. Here at RWM plumbing and gas, we are Preston’s leading plumbing, boiler and bathroom experts. And we work with homeowners and property developers across the region to deliver top quality, and stylish bathrooms. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about family friendly bathroom design.
What are the important design considerations for family bathroom spaces?
When creating a family bathroom space in any home there are a number of important factors to consider. These include:
- Safety- for family bathrooms, the bathroom design needs to be safe, especially for younger family members. This can be achieved in a number of ways including:
- Using textured floor tiles to reduce slip especially in the shower or around the bath
- Reducing hard corners and edges that can be dangerous
- Choosing a concealed shower with the plumbing is not accessible and there are no hot pipes to contend with
- Storage- for any bathroom space the storage is incredibly important, and for family bathrooms with potentially more necessary items to store, it is something that just cant be overlooked. From towels to toiletries and cleaning products, you will need a safe space to store a number of common bathroom items. Especially if you want to keep your bathroom looking great, and fully safe for any younger family members.
- Choosing double sinks- in bathrooms that are large enough, a double sink can be a great way to speed up the bathroom process in the morning. It adds an extra sink so that more than one person can be getting ready at the same time.
For more information or advice about designing a family bathroom, get in touch with the experts today, here at RWM Plumbing and Gas.