When it comes to bathroom design, the bath is one of the most important considerations. There are a number of different types of bath available, and choosing the right option for your bathroom space is essential. But you also need to consider the size of the bath too. So what are the important considerations for bath size? And how can you be sure to make the right choice?
What are the standard bath sizes?
Different types of bath have different standard sizes, including:
- Single ended baths- these range from 1400mm to 1700mm in length, and 700 to 800 mm in length.
- Double ended baths- these range from 1700mm to 1800mm in length and are between 700 to 800 mm in length.
- L shaped and P shaped baths- these range from 1400mm to 1700mm in length and tend to be 850mm in width.
What are the important considerations for bath size?
There are a number of considerations that cannot be overlooked or overstated when choosing a new bath that is the right size for the space. These considerations include:
- The amount of space available- measuring the space you have for a new bath is crucial for making a practical decision. An extra 100mm on some bath models can take up too much floor space, or simply not fit along one of your walls, so it is crucial that you take accurate measurements.
- Practical requirements- if you want a bath that meets specific requirements, such as adding additional showering space at one end, a larger size L or P shaped bath could be the perfect option, providing your bathroom has the right amount of space.
- Floor space- when getting into and out of the bath it is crucial that there is enough floor space to do this carefully, in line with building regulations. The size of the bath you choose will play a role in this.