What is a counter top basin?
A counter top basin is a type of bathroom sink option that sits on top of a level surface. This level surface could be a vanity unit or cabinet, or it could be a shelf unit. As the basin sits on to of the surface and is not within the unit, it looks like a bowl resting on the surface. This is complemented by the fact that the basin does not need to connect to the wall at the back.
What are the different options for counter top basins?
When choosing counter top basins there are a number of different options available including:
- Low style dishes- often an oval shape, these basins have lower sides are are perfect for smaller bathroom spaces like en-suites and cloakroom bathrooms.
- Circular bowls- these are deeper, larger counter top basins that are circular in shape and can have a string visual impact on the space, creating a feature.
- Rectangular basins- for something more unusual you could consider a rectangular basin. These are available in slimline options for smaller bathroom spaces as well as larger models.
What are the advantages of a counter top bathroom basin?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to choosing counter top bathroom basin. These include:
- Style and design- a counter top basin provides high quality visual style for your bathroom. This is a style of sink that is sure to draw attention and create a stylish feature and focal point.
- More space- counter top basins don’t have to sit flush in the middle of the surface or counter, and this means that you will have more space for toiletries and important accessories.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at RWM Plumbing and Gas.