When it comes to bathroom design, a lot of contemporary styles are the ones in the spotlight. From sinks to toilets, it seems the world cant get enough of contemporary bathroom features and fixtures. But what about the traditional bathroom? For a period property or a home with traditional character, a traditional bathroom can be the perfect addition. And there are plenty of bathroom fixtures to suit. Here at RWM Plumbing and Gas, we are leading bathroom and plumbing experts. From your boiler breakdowns, to fitting your new bathroom, we can offer a range of top quality services. As a result, we have produced this guide to design features for a traditional bathroom.
Design features for a traditional bathroom
What are the key things you should include in a traditional bathroom? Well, here are some fixtures and features that are key to creating the right effect:
- Pedestal sink- choose a pedestal sink with embellishments and detail that will suit your bathroom
- Slipper bath- a traditional slipper bath, originally a Victorian design can be the perfect touch to a traditional bathroom, and it makes a stunning centre piece. With one side higher than the other, the bath is visually interesting as well as incredibly practical
- Roll top bath- another freestanding bath option is the roll top bath. With clawed feet and a rolled edge, this type of bath was designed for luxury and elegance. The bath will really stand out, while fitting in, with your traditional kitchen.
- Victorian shower- if you don’t have the space for a bath, choose a Victorian shower style with a round, overhead shower-head for the perfect traditional shower.
- High tank toilet- a toilet with a high tank is a classic historic design and will set the tone for your traditional bathroom
- Traditional taps- Choose traditional, separate taps to finish off the traditional style
For more information or advice planning you new bathroom design, layout and installation, get in touch with the team today, here at RWM Plumbing and Gas.